Monday 13 December 2010

The Early Weeks & a Bit of Background

So, who am I? Well to cut it short I'm a self confessed dole dosser and have been since the 8th October. What can I say, life is as sweet as the saturated basics value sugar currently swirling around in my mug of tea (80 tea bags for 27p).

Hopefully that short paragraph already provides a bit of perspective about how I view life at the moment. It's the outlook of someone with no income, just allowance money provided by the generous Conservative Party and the good tax payers of England. This service is handed out to the other 70.8% of the population who are just like me, grinning,.. I mean, without a job, sorry.

To say life is sweet, is a bit of a sugary overstatement, I can get by. If I didn't graduate with an overdraft and actually had some savings then yes life would be far sweeter as I wouldn't be concerned by how much I top up my oyster card each week. I wouldn't debate whether a Mc Donalds double cheeseburger with chips is more filling than 6 hot wings and chips, or calculate the life expectancy of a Primark jumper.

These things however make living with a limited budget more challenging and actually more exciting. It is to all intents and purposes a survival game, and I suppose also a cheating game.

No comments:

Post a Comment